Descent of the Increase of John Ball in America
1. John Ball - Born in England. Married Mary Pike, daughter of Edward Pike, b. abt 1715. Edward Pike married Katherine Brice, b. 1717, d. before 1817. Katherine Brice and Edward Pike were married May 29, 1745. John died 1793 Lycoming County, Pennsylvania (reference Lycoming County book of History. Old Lycoming Records)
Anne Ball - Married a Mr. White
John Ball -
William Ball - Born September 21, 1788. Died July 8, 1866. Married Catherine Weisel June 20, 1811.
Mary Ball -
2. William Ball (John) - Born September 21, 1788 in England. Died July 8, 1866 in Lycoming County, Pennsylvania. Married Catherine Weisel, born August 13, 1793, died, December 25, 1869. They were married June 20, 1811, Lycoming, Pennsylvania.
Isaac Ball -
George Ball -
John Ball -
Samuel Ball - Born January 23, 1821, married Belinda Wilson. Died December 20, 1890.
William Ball -
Mary Anne Ball -
Joseph Ball -
Sarah Jane Ball -
3. Samuel Ball (William, John) - Born January 23, 1821 in Lycoming County Pennsylvania. Married Belinda Wilson. Suspected descent from James Wilson, Signer. Died Dec. 20, 1890 in Lycoming County Penn.
Joseph William Ball - Born November 11, 1843. Died October 26,1922.
Elizabeth Ball - Married a Bover
Catherine Ball - Married a Fry. died September 27, 1881
Edward C. Ball - Married a woman called Adda.
Obituary: December 27, 1890. Title: Passed Away End of LIfe of and Old and Useful Citizen of Hepburn Township.
Samual Ball, whose death occured a few days ago at his home in Hepburn township, was a type of our best and most useful citizen. He had almost reached the round age of three score and ten years and died within sight of the house where he was born. He is best known perhaps as the manufacturer of Ball's grain cradles. He first began their manufacture in 1852 in a small way. From a humble beginning this business has now grown into a large and thoroughly equipped factory, furnished with approved approved machinery. Many of the best and most useful devices in the establishment are of his own invention. For a number of years past this factory has annually turned out thousands of cradles which found a market all over the country, many even being sent beyond the Mississippi. Mr. Ball, however, served the community and public as well. He was a member of the school board of Hepburn township eighteen years. He was always what is known as a good school man, and contributed much to build up the excellent public schools in that township. During the was he was active in raising the county fund for Hepburn township, and managed the issuing of the bonds by it for that purpose. He was a man universally liked by his neighbors. He was just and fair in all his dealings, and liberal in contributing to every enterprise that deserved support. Always industrious and prudent he amassed considerable wealth and leaves a substantial estate to his family. His loss will be keenly felt in various ways, but the memory of his kindly manners, his enterprise and wise advise will long survive among those who learned to know him.
4. Joseph William Ball (Samuel, William, John) - Born Nov. 11, 1843 in Logan Station, Lycoming County Pennsylvania. Married July 23, 1865 to Sarah Jane Neyhart. Sarah Jane was born in July 1845 and died either Nov. 29, 1906 or a few days earlier. Her father's name was Eli Neyhart, her mother's name was Julia Grace. Julia Grace was from the Alsace-Lorraine area of France. Joseph died October 26, 1922 in Auburn, California. Eli Neyhart died in about October of 1885. He owned and operated a flour mill in the Lycoming County area.
Sylvia Florance Ball - Born April 18, 1966 at Hepburnville. Married Ernest Sargent Pillsbury also of Auburn. Died September 3, 1911 in Los Angeles California. Buried with her husband in Rosedale Cemetary, West Los Angeles.
Olive Ball - Died in early childhood. 1870 census shows her living with age listed as 2 in June.
Amassa Osborn Ball - Born July 26, 1868 at Williamsport Pennsylvania. Died February 4, 1941. Married
Cora Lulu Ball - Born April 14, 1873 in Williamsport Pennsylvania. Married George Pendleton Collins April 27, 1904 Auburn, California. Died November 3, 1941.
Belinda Ball - Born November 4, 1882 in Hepburnville, Penn. Married Samuel Benjamin 1897, Pennsylvania, died March 29, 1967.
Samuel Neyhart Ball - Born September 11, 1885, died abt 1961. Married Mrs. Samuel Ball.
William removed with his family to Auburn California in 1893. He owned and ran Ball's Music, Stationary and book store in Auburn California. It was the place that school children went to renew their supplies before the beginning of the school year.
Sarah Jane Neyhart Ball. Titled: Mrs. W.J. Ball Dead. November 29, 1906.
Mrs. W.J. Ball, wife of W.J. Ball of Auburn, died at the family home on Thursday morning last, after a long illness. All of her family were at her bedside except one daughter, Mrs. Ernest Pillsbury, of Los Angeles, who was unable to reach here on account of sickness in her family. Mrs. Ball came here with her husband from Williamsport, Pa., in 1893, and has resided here ever since, beloved and respected by a large circle of friends. She leaves to mourn her loss, besides her husband, two sons, Amasa, of Williamsport, and Samuel N., of Auburn, and three daughters. Mrs. George Collins and Miss Belinda Ball, of Auburn and Mrs. Ernest Pillsbury, of Los Angeles.
The funeral services were held at the family residence on Friday, Rev. H. D. Wiard officiating, and interment in the Odd Fellows cemetery, Mrs. A.D. Fellows, Mrs. F.J. Locher, A.R. Green and Rev. Fred R. Winsor, sang several selections. The pall bearers were: J.M. Manning, Dr. J.N. Ward, T.P. Dickson, M.D. Lininger, J.W. McCullough and Julian Hayes.
5. Sylvia Florance Ball (William Joseph, Samual)- was born April 18, 1966 at Hepburnville, Lycoming County, Pennsylvania. She was educated at the Vineland Academy, Vineland, New Jersey and later taught math at Bedford High School, Pennsylvania. She married Dr. Ernest Sargent Pillsbury June 29, 1897 and died September 3, 1911 in an automobile accident.
(a son, died at birth)
Ernest Sargent, b. January 16, 1899 - d. Oct. 11, 1960
Grace Sylvia, b. August 29, 1900 d. August 29, 1979
Arthur Francis, b. October 11, 1904 d. April 15, 1991
5. Amasa Osborn Ball - (William Joseph, Samual) Born July 26, 1868 at Williamsport. Died February 4, 1941.
August Koch Ball - b.
5. Cora Lulu Ball (William Joseph, Samuel) - Born April 14, 1873 in Williamsport Penn. Married George Pendleton Collins April 27, 1904 in Auburn California. Died November 3, 1941 in Palo Alto, California.
Kenneth Kregs -
Calvin Gaines -
George Walker -
Keith Ball -
5. Belinda Ball (William Joseph, Samuel) - Born November 4, 1882 in Hepburnville, Penn. Moved west with her family. Married Clyde Benjamin. Died abt 1961.
Paul Benjamin -
Bill Benjamin -
5. Samuel Neyhart Ball (William Joseph, Samual) - Born September 11, 1885. Died abt 1961 No children.
5. Olive Ball (William Joseph, Samual) - Died in infancy, at a year and a half of age.